HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR PHOTO SESSION
It’s always a little intimidating to have your picture taken... even if it’s just a photo on an iPhone that is taken by a friend. We all still want to look nice, make sure nothing is in our teeth and that our hair is behaving! I realize that preparing for your photo session can be a little overwhelming. Here are some tips for outfits and accessories that will make the preparation a little more manageable.
- Don’t try to MATCH... try to pick outfits and accessories that coordinate instead. If everyone wore the same exact colour at their photo session, how boring would those images be?
- Don’t be afraid to be BOLD! Accessorize and make your outfits your own! Scarves, bold necklaces and fun shoes are always welcomed!
- MOST PATTERNS are actually ok... However, graphics are not favourable for portraits. If you’re wearing a pattern, make sure it’s not overwhelming and distracting.
- Be sure to check out my Pinterest boards for more outfit inspiration if you’re having trouble!
- Empty your pockets, literally! You don’t want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets. This is for the guys especially!
- Most often, my clients like to have one casual, everyday outfit and then one outfit that is dressier. This will give your shoot two totally different “looks”. I recommend beginning with the dressy outfit first.
- Make sure you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing. And ladies, if your top is super low cut, that will limit the amount of angles I can shoot from.
- BE ON TIME! The sun is only out for so long ! The later you arrive, the less time we have to shoot, and nobody wants that!
- Relax! You don’t have to be a pro at this! I’m going to help you along the way and it’s going to be a blast. Enjoy this time together, and make a date out of it. Plan dinner afterwards and celebrate!